Disney’s streaming video service, Disney Plus, is here (also available as an app for iOS or Android)! Endless Star Wars, Marvel, The Simpson’s, Pixar, all of your Disney favorites, and more. And it’s inexpensive, with many people taking advantage of early sign-up promotions or deals through other services, like Verizon.
Although many of the movies are kid friendly, there are a good number in the Star Wars and Marvel universe rated PG-13, which some parents might not want their kids viewing quite yet. The Disney+ parental controls can prevent all PG and PG13 titles from being watched.
In order to enable Disney+ Parental Controls, follow these steps:
- When logged into your Disney+ account from any device, tap on the current profile icon. For example, on an iPhone, that’s the profile picture in the lower right.
- Select Edit Profiles.
- For an existing profile, tap the one you want to change and skip to step 6. If you want to create a new profile, choose Add Profile.
- Next, select an image for the new profile.
- Type in a Profile Name.
- Toggle Kids Profile on (this disallows PG and PG13 content for the profile).
- Choose Save in the upper, right corner.
Note that the built-in Disney+ controls don’t prevent children from by passing these controls by switching to a profile that enables all content. We hope Disney figures this out soon.
When using a kid profile, only content that’s rated G, TV-Y, TV-Y7/Y7-FV, or TV-G will be available.
If you want to see the parental control steps in video format, please watch this:
P.S. If you’re also a Netflix family, is it time to check your Netflix settings? This post might help.
I love life. Seriously! Each. Day. A. Gift. Former CPA, business advisor, youth pastor, development director. Manage marketing efforts for Covenant Eyes and CEO of PYE. God shares wild ideas with me about life while I run. I have a relentless drive to help families use technology well.