Parents Finally Get Some Parental Controls in Hulu!
Hulu has historically been voted the least safe streaming service.
Since Hulu is often paired with a Disney+ subscription, parent groups clamored for parental controls.
Quietly in July 2021, Hulu added a pin restriction similar to Disney+ for new profile creation and profile access.
How do you enable, disable, or change the pin on Hulu?
PIN Protection can be enabled through your Profile settings. Unfortunately, you can only make these changes through the desktop version of Hulu, similar to Netflix. To turn on Hulu’s PIN Protection, follow the steps below:
- Visit Hulu.com and hover over your Profile icon (upper right), then select Manage Profiles.
- You’ll see Parental Controls with a toggle labeled PIN Protection.
- Toggle or select your desired action:
- Turn on PIN Protection to enable – now used to access non-kid profiles AND for creating new non-kid profiles.
- Turn off PIN Protection to disable.
- Manage PIN to change PIN.
- Enter your Hulu password.
- If you’d like to change your PIN, enter your new PIN and select Save Changes.
Your password will be required if you choose to change your PIN or disable PIN Protection in the future.
And there you have it! Some controls that are better than nothing.
Keep learning about internet safety through the Protect App
With over 500 mini-lessons, and now 20 videos to watch with your kids, The Protect App is your one-stop-shop for all of your internet safety needs. Bite-sized right in your pocket! Whenever and wherever you have 5 minutes to unlock your digital parenting superpowers. Download it today!